Mr Aashish Rego elected as a member of Executive Committee of APMA
MCAI - 29 May 2021
The 10 Executive Committee members for the term 2021-2023 elected at the APMA General Assembly on the 27th May, 2021 through a Webinar conference.
Mr Aashish Rego, Hon. General Secretary of MCAI has elected as an Executive Committee member.
APMA unifies music creators' voices to promote the protection, enforcement and expansion of the rights and interests of music creators in the Asia-Pacific region.
The 10 Executive Committee members are -
1. Yoon Myung-sun, composer, former Chairman of KOMCA, Korea
2. Irfan Aulia, songwriter, Chairman of Supervisory Board of WAMI and Commissioner of LMKN, Indonesia
3. Rico Rene Blanco, songwriter, former President of the board FILSCAP, Philippines
4. Thanit Chernpipat, composer and Honorary Advisor of MCT, Thailand
5. Hao Weiya, composer, professor of the Central conservatory of Music, China
6. Toshiyuki Watanabe, composer, board member of JASRAC, Japan
7. Amanda Brown, composer, board member of APRA, Australia
8. Ung Kuoc Iang, Yan, composer, CEO of MACA, Macau
9. Chen Yu Zhen 陳玉貞 (Wawa), songwriter, Chair of MCU, Taiwan
10. Aashish Rego, composer, Honorary General Secretary of MCAI (Music Composers Association of India)
Established in Beijing, China in 2016 as a regional alliance comprising CIAM. Its aim is to promote the protection and expansion of rights of music creators in the Asia-Pacific region. APMA gathers the opinions of music creators on copyright issues in the Asia-Pacific region, and campaigns for fair remuneration for creators, emphasizing the importance of copyright protection at every opportunity.
In 2018, the seminar held at Jakarta, Indonesia; APMA welcome new members from India (the 20th member of APMA) and Myanmar(21st member of APMA).
The list of APMA APMA members-
Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Cambodia, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Viet Nam, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, India and Myanmar.